ENRICHri stands in solidarity with the fight against systemic racism. Black Lives Matter.
ENRICHri is built on the foundation that we do not discriminate based on race, gender, age, sexual orientation, faith, home education philosophy or methodology, or physical or other challenges. As our Mission Statement explains, ENRICHri is an inclusive, non-religious community which provides support, friendship, and guidance for homeschooling families in Southern New England and promotes homeschooling within the greater community. We also recognize that a mission statement isn’t enough. It must be borne out by our actions and policies.
We are aware now, more than ever, what an important role our members have taken on. As homeschoolers we are raising and educating the next generation and, along with them, ourselves. As your leaders and fellow community members we are committed to listening, to taking time to understand, to stand together to protect and support all members of our community, and to improve our community, our families, and ourselves.
We are inspired by the diverse, brave and helpful voices among us. Our community members who share opportunities to learn, grow, and take action. Those that share resources for engagement and education about the fight against systemic racism and the historic oppression of the Black community. And those who stand in solidarity and support. We will work to amplify those voices and provide a safe place for discussion and growth.
Black Lives Matter.
- Rhode Island Homeschooling Families of Color – Facebook Group
- The Collective – community focused bookshop in South Kingstown that hosts workshops
- Anti Racism Resources – document with guidance for white parents to raise anti-racist children
- Rhode Island for Community and Justice – local social justice nonprofit
- Providence Community Library – list of resources for adults
- University of Rhode Island – list of resources for both kids and adults
- Blossom & Root– Learn, Listen, Talk, Teach, Diversity Your Homeschool and Take Action
- Sakofa (https://
sankofanewportri.org) – a local organization founded by a homeschooling mom to celebrate Black culture in Newport, RI. Sankofa offers programs to the community as well as educational opportunities and material.
- Oak Meadow: Teaching Kids about Social Justice and Racism (https://www.oakmeadow.com/
- NPR: Talking Race with Young Kids podcast (https://www.npr.org/2019/04/
- Safe Space Radio: Talking to White Kids about Race and Racism (https://safespaceradio.com/
- Here Wee Read: a blog and podcast by Charnaie Gordon amplifying diverse and inclusive books for children and families (https://hereweeread.com)
- We Need Diverse Books: Resources for finding diverse books for children and families (https://diversebooks.org/
This list was made by our community and we welcome additional resources. firstname.lastname@example.org.