As our FAQs indicate (see #14), we highly recommend that all annual paperwork be sent via certified mail to create a paper trail and limit unnecessary communication with the district.  

Another way to create a paper trail is to bring your paper work in and hand it to the school department directly.  When you do that please be aware that it could, just like in a phone call, lead to undocumented conversations.  These conversations could include office staff giving you incorrect information (lies, threats have also been known to occur).  If you walk in paperwork know the law so well that you can stand up against their own lack of knowledge, lies or intimidation that may cause you to lose confidence and feel threatened. 

ENRICHri does not suggest bringing your paperwork into the school department in person, but if you choose to, bring 2 copies, get both stamped/signed/dated as received, keep 1 copy for your records.

If office staff starts telling you “we also need….”, “you need to bring it to such and such office instead, not here”, or they flat out refuse to give you a signed and dated receipt, turn around and walk out WITH your paperwork and send it certified from the post office instead.

Discover more posts: